Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5 a.m. coffee

My relationship with coffee is slightly abnormal. Most mornings I really don't mind waking up with one or both of the little ones at 5 a.m. because of the hazelnut vanilla reward that awaits. My children, even little A (eleven months) light up at the familiar sight of my ceramic Charles Wysocki mug: two cats dozing by a fire.  It's gotta be that mug.  Even D's double-walled, litre-sized stainless steel Starbucks mug doesn't work. This morning, B and I were up just after five. I dragged myself out of bed, set up a Magic School Bus video for B and filled up my mug. This is what happened:


B wrapped my mug in a dishtowel, because "Mommy, I didn't want you to burn your fingers on your coffee." :) I love it how you give and give and give as a parent until you are empty and then your tiny child gives back to you. It doesn't matter how small the gesture is. It's there. It says "I love you. Thank you."

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet moment! I'd say he's thoughtful and knows how to take care of you because he's imitating what he sees from you. :)

    ReplyDelete